What better way to immerse yourself in the history and culture of Amsterdam than with a guided tour led by an English speaking guide? On this tour we will walk around the most iconic points in the city, all the while informing you about the most surprising and interesting details about the Dutch capital. What's more, it's FREE!
Free Walking Tour of Amsterdam
Following our expert guide, history comes combined with entertainment, and it's for this reason that this walking tour is one of the most popular in all Europe. Here you will get to know the history of the Dutch capital from start to finish: how it emerged from the banks of the Amstel River to become one of Europe´s richest cities, its invasion and occupation during the Second World War and its present as a cultural capital with its history of decriminalisation.
This tour makes for a perfect introduction to the city, taking in many of the major landmarks which makes it renowned: Anne Frank's house, The Jewish Quarter, Dutch East India Company headquarters, canals, locks, and hidden churches.
This FREE Tour will help you get your bearings in this often confusing city and allow you to make the most out of your stay here.
- This tour is designed for small groups and individual travellers. If you are a group of more than 9, please take a look at our private tours.
- The tour has an average length of 2.5 hours, usually ending at Anne Frank's house, however the guides with whom we work will vary their route depending on the best interests of your group.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking expert guide
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (you must attend with a carer).
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
In front of the National Monument in Dam Square