Amsterdam has one of the busiest international airports in the world and is extremely well connected with the rest of Europe and the rest of the world.
Traveling from the U.S.
KLM (Royal Dutch Airlines) offers various direct flights to and from the United States. These are some of the cities of the states linked to Amsterdam with non-stop flights:
- New York (JFK), Chicago, Washington, Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Miami and San Francisco.
Delta Airlines also offers nonstop flights to Amsterdam from numerous cities in the States:
- Atlanta, Boston, New York (JFK), Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Seattle
Traveling from Canada
Air Canada offers direct flights from several Canadian cities to Amsterdam:
- Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver.
KLM also connects Montreal and Calgary with Amsterdam.
Traveling from UK
If you live in the United Kingdom. you can find low cost flights to the capital of the Netherlands throughout the year. The main airlines companies are:
- Easyjet: from Belfast, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Southend, London Stansted, Manchester.
- Flybe: Birmingham, East Midlands, London City, Southampton, Manchester, Exeter, Doncaster Sheffield.
Flight search engine - Find and compare cheap flights online
Once you have your ticket, find out more about Schiphol International Airport and the best way to get to the city center from Amsterdam:
The Netherlands has a very efficient train network linking it with its neighboring countries such as Brussels, Paris and Berlin and the United Kingdom.
The fastest way to travel from the UK to Amsterdam by train is by Eurostar: take a train from St Pancras International to Brussels and at Brussels Midi station, take a Thalys to Amsterdam, which takes a little less than 2 hours.
Amsterdam is also an accessible city by car, but depending from where, it might be a very long drive.
It is also possible to take a cruise around the North Sea, which includes a stop at the port of Amsterdam.
Eurolines is a coach company that connects most cities, including Amsterdam.