Make the most of your layover at Amsterdam airport and discover the city with this tour. If your layover is over 8 hours then you can also visit Zaanse Schans, Volendam Marken or Edam.
Amsterdam Layover Tour
The Amsterdam Layover Tour is private, including a vehicle, driver and English speaking guide from the airport pick up to the return drop off. We'll be waiting holding a sign with your name at the arrivals terminal, and depending on the time of your arrival you can choose one itinerary or another. You can also personalise the itinerary as you like.
With this tour, you'll have two hours to discover the main points of interest in Amsterdam: Museumplein, the Anne Frank House, Dam Square or the Royal Palace of Amsterdam.
With this tour we'll spend 4 hours in Amsterdam and visit a village in the Dutch countryside: Zaanse Schans, renowned for its windmills, or Volendam, a traditional fishing village. You choose!
Do you have a longer layover in Amsterdam? With this option, you'll enjoy six hours in the Dutch capital, with longer in the city, and a trip to two of the quaint towns surrounding it: you can choose between Zaanse Schans, Marken, Volendam or Edam.
Keukenhof is one of the most famous parks in The Netherlands, definitely a recommended visit if you're travelling in spring as you'll get to the see the beautiful colours of the Tulips which extend over 32 hectares.
Between the 21st March and the 10th May, you'll have the opportunity to discover Keukenhof if your layover is over 10 hours. If so, we'll visit Amsterdam and Keukenhof, as the latter requires more time.
Although the tour is flexible and can be personalised, the tours from the airport are at the following times;
- 6-hour layover: arrivals between 8 am and 4 pm.
- 8-hour layover: arrivals between 8 am and 2 pm.
- 10-hour layover: arrivals between 8 am and 12 pm.
Important: Layover Times
You should bear in mind that the journey from the airport and back takes a total of an hour and a half, and you need to be at the airport at least two hours before your departure time. Therefore, the duration of the tour will be 4 hours less than the layover. To take the two-hour tour, for example, we recommend that you have a layover of at least 6 hours.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory.
- Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Should land, air, or water transport of any kind be used they will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 4 people||Up to 8 people|
|2 hour tour||
|4 hour tour||
|6 hour tour||
2 hour tour
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 340
Up to 8 peopleUS$ 378.40
4 hour tour
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 381.70
Up to 8 peopleUS$ 422.30
6 hour tour
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 460.70
Up to 8 peopleUS$ 510.10
6 hours - 10 hours.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Pick up and drop off at airport.
Transport by car or minibus.
English speaking guide.
Private and exclusive tour, there won't be anyone else on the tour.
Entry to Keukenhof (19 euros per person).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 6 days before (Amsterdam local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).