On this tour, as well as getting to know the history of prostitution and drugs in Amsterdam, we will visit its oldest areas, its first street and first church.
Red Light District Tour
Leaving from Dam Square, the tour dives into the streets of the Red Light District, its present and its past.
The Red Light District leaves nobody indifferent, and while we pass through the streets seeing the famous shopfronts with the girls on display, we explain all about the inner workings of prostitution in Amsterdam: its history, legalisation and present.
As well as the shop fronts, the Red Light District is full of piercing and tattoo shops, sex shops, innumerable themed museums and coffee shops - another phenomenon which has made the city famous. We will talk about marihuana, mushrooms, and the current state of drugs in Amsterdam, as well as taking you to find the area's hidden sculptures.
From a cultural point of view, the tour will take in the Warmostraat, the city's first street, and Oude Kerk, Amsterdam's first church.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Students||Children under 13|
|English language tour||
English language tour
Children under 13Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking guide
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
In front of the National Monument in Dam Square